StarrMatica’s K-2 Lesson on Counting has launched!
Students join Madeline as she helps in her aunt and uncle’s candy shop.
Throughout the lesson students learn:
- the count sequence to 10
- the last number in the count is the total
- how to count starting at a number other than one
- how to count up to 20 items
- to count backward
- to skip count
- to identify if objects in one group are greater than, less than, or equal to the number of objects in another group
- to count on a hundreds chart
- to use tally marks to identify a number of objects
- to identify a missing number in a sequence
A few highlights of the lesson include:
Recipe Secrets – Students input a correct sequence of numbers to open a safe that contains a secret recipe.
Enrichment: Hidden Treasures – Students search for hidden candy by identifying numbers on a hundreds square.
Teacher Tool: Counting Toolbox – This virtual manipulative includes a customizable game board, counters, dice, and cards that will make creating your own counting game a snap.
To access these resources, login and choose K-2 Lessons. Then choose Counting from the Math Menu.